To prepare for this Assignment, review Episode 4 of the Bradley family case study. Develop a list with 2–3 researchable questions that you could use to find evidence about the efficacy of 12-step programs or other treatments for substance abuse in adolescents. Then, using the resources provided, search for two evidence-based interventions that would be appropriate for Tiffani Bradley. Be sure to consider quality of research, readiness for dissemination, replications, and costs
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper that includes the following:
- Summaries of the two interventions and their respective research regarding effectiveness
- Recommendations for Tiffani’s social worker that address the following:
- Factors to consider when choosing between the two interventions
- The social work skills that the staff would require to implement the intervention
- The training required to implement each intervention
- An evaluation of evidenced-based practice based on your reaction to the experience, in which you address the following questions:
- Would you, as a beginning researcher, have enough knowledge to benefit from researching evidence-based practices? Why or why not?
- How might the research that you conducted increase your confidence in the intervention with Tiffani?
- Is the information provided enough to make a decision regarding interventions? Why or why not?
- Appropriate APA citations in your writing
Support your post with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.
- Resources:Laureate Education (Producer). (2013a). Bradley family episode 4 [Video file]
Resources provided: Whittaker, J. (2009). Evidence-based intervention and services for high-risk youth: A North American perspective on the challenges of integration for policy, practice, and research. Child & Family Social Work, 14(2), 166–177.
Social Work Policy Institution (2018). Evidence-based practice. Retrieved from http://www.socialworkpolicy.org/research/evidence-based-practice-2.html#resources
The California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare. (2018). Program registry. Retrieved from http://www.cebc4cw.org/home/
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2018). Evidence-based practices resource center. Retrieved from https://www.samhsa.gov/ebp-resource-center
Document: Small, S. A., Reynolds, A. J., O’Connor, C., & Cooney, S. M. (2005). What works, Wisconsin: What science tells us about cost-effective programs for juvenile delinquency prevention. Retrieved from http://whatworks.uwex.edu/attachment/whatworkswisconsin.pdf (PDF)Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Madison/Extension.