- There is no better way to clear the air with employees who “know better” than to:A.team them up with someone who is motivatedB.provide the latitude for them to take extra time offC.provide the flexibility for them to try it their wayD.be on a first name basis
- There can be a vast difference in supervisory style depending:A.on whether the majority of employees supervised have a college degreeB.on whether the minority of employees have benefits and are motivatedC.on whether the minority of employees supervised are skilled or part of the unionD.on whether the majority of employees supervised are unskilled, semiskilled, or skilled
- A person’s natural temptation is to start developing a defensive stance while:A.they are being criticizedB.they are getting rewardedC.something goes wrong on the jobD.learning about a new job they do not want
- A recommended objective for training in any employee group is the achievement of the maximum possible amount of:A.flexibilityB.strict adherence to rulesC.comprehensionD.teamwork
- Although most appraisal programs are supposed to be based on observable behavior and performance, many often fail because they actually require the manager to:A.be objectiveB.render personality judgmentsC.is not generous with their ratingD.render objective judgments
- An appraisal that achieves the intended goals can be a motivator:A.for the supervisorB.for improved performanceC.for solving issues within the workplaceD.for achieving organizational goals
- This newer law relies on jury trials, along with statutorily limited compensatory and punitive damages, as the primary means of litigation under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.A.Civil Rights Act of 1991B.The Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974C.Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964D.The Age Discrimination Act of 1967
- As a supervisor, you must set and maintain high standards of:A.moralityB.loyaltyC.trustworthinessD.honesty
- What are line personnel directly concerned with?A.Furthering the institution’s goalsB.Housing of inmatesC.The budget decisions within a facilityD.Relocation of inmates
- To a considerable extent, whether a particular occurrence is or is not sexual
harassment may depend largely on:A.the perception of the victimB.company policiesC.an internal investigationD.the perception of the supervisor
- This may well be the key to continuing increases in quality, efficiency, and productivity:A.employee benefitsB.more autonomy in the workplaceC.employee participationD.increased supervision
- This is a legitimate part of our legal system and inmates have a right to sue:A.mitigationB.plea bargainingC.litigationD.punishments
- A purchasing agent accepts a pair of football tickets from a vendor. Can this be construed as a violation of the ACA Code of Conduct? If so, which item of the Code?
- Are there times in corrections when a lie has to be told or the truth must be concealed?
- As briefly as possible, what is the goal of communication?
- What are the four general areas of concern that are addressed in effective performance standard
- What are the five stages of team building?
- Ultimately, who bears the final responsibility for ensuring ethical behavior?
- These outline a general pattern of behavior that employees are expected to observe and practice:A.policiesB.guidelinesC.proceduresD.rules
- These methods were developed to overcome certain disadvantages of the rating scale approaches:A.Data comparison methodsB.Ranking methodsC.Forced Distribution methodsD.Employee comparison methods