Your assignment is to report on a “cultural experience” visit you make during this term. The experience should be done in person. (If this is impossible, contact the instructor to arrange for an alternative assignment.) You may not report on a cultural experience from prior to this class. After the visit, write a 500-800 word report about the visit and what you learned.
You should attend or visit one of the following.
- a museum or display of art, culture, or technology
- a sculpture garden
- a significant or notable architectural site (if there is explanatory material there to help you understand it)
- a music concert
- a street art festival
- a play, poetry reading or other spoken word performance
- a dance performance
- an important or notable historical site (if there is explanatory material there to help you understand it)
- a religious service, ceremony or ritual for a religion very different from yours, if you practice (for instance, if you are Christian, you may not go to another Christian denomination’s service)
- other displays or performances may be acceptable. Check with your instructor for approval beforehand.
After your cultural experience visit, write a report that includes the following information. (Please number the sections of your report to match):
- Name and location of the museum, site, or event. If there is on-line information about the site or performance, include a link.
- Type of museum, site or event. For example, is it a portrait museum, a poetry slam, an outdoor Shakespeare festival performance? If you attended a performance, name the performer or the piece. Be specific about what you attended, when, and where.
- Briefly describe the general setting.
- Describe one or more parts or aspects of the experienceâ€”for example, a particular work of art, cultural artifact, song, dance section, scene in a play, costumes or lighting, one particular actor or vocalistâ€”that you found especially interesting. Explain what impressed you, and why. Your reaction can be positive or negative, as long as you offer an explanation for your reactions.
- Identify and use at least two things you’ve learned in class to that you can connect to your experience. For example, if you visit a museum, you might point out the architectural style, discuss an artist you’ve learned about in the course, tie in your experience with a class discussion, make use of a concept presented in a class assignment.
- Include photos or links to images on a web page to help convey the information.
- How did the experience engage your feelings or emotions, if at all? What does this tell you about human culture
- Reflect on the relevance–if any–of your experience to your everyday life.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.