- Social and Cultural Norms
- Inthe introduction, include a quote, question or statistic from your textand an overview of the three major points you will cover.
- Introduce your position with a thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph.
- Provide three major points to support your thesis statement (put each major point in a separate paragraph).
- Answer each of the sub-questions in at least one paragraph each.
- Wrap up your assignment with a strong conclusion in which you restate the points you made and supported.
- Organize arguments and support your claims effectively.
- Demonstratepersonal passion for your position and critical thinking withpersuasive language, sound logic, valid claims, and credible support forthe claims.
- Provide three credible and reliable sources (inaddition to the textbook) about current events, which have beenpublished in the last five years and are cited correctly in the positionpaper.
In this assignment, you will argue a pro or con position involving minorities, women, or LGBTQ individuals given an audience with opposing views.
Presenting stereotypes of minorities/women/LGBTQ individuals affects viewers’ conceptions of different groups.
Howdo such skewed views affect real-life interactions with members ofminority groups? Is there a difference among such genres as comedies,dramas, police procedurals, children’s shows, cartoons, and realityshows, in how marginalized people are portrayed? Can you cite anyexamples from your own experiences?
The media should be trusted to provide the means to change people’s perceptions of minorities. Argue for or against this statement.
Yourpaper must outline specifically the nature of the problem anddemonstrate critical thinking, sound logic, valid claims, personalpassion, and credible support that is cited correctly.
Write a three-page paper in which you:
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Includea cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title and the date. Include asource page to demonstrate understanding of the Strayer WritingStandards. The cover and source pages are not included in the requiredassignment page length. An Assignment 1 Sample [PDF] has been provided for your reference.