Use this book Valenzuela, Sylvia, Paul Kaplan, and Stuart Henry (2013). Crime and Behavior. Cognella Press.
Step 1: Post your response to the following:
- Discuss the ways in which the social structural processes described in social disorganization theory influence behavior at the individual level. (Hint: Be sure to include material from the main text as well as Anderson’s Code of the Street).
- What are some of the race, class, and gender concerns addressed by social disorganization theory? What race, class, and gender concerns go unaddressed in the theory? (Hint: Be sure to include material from the main text as well as Anderson’s Code of the Street).
- Include your own overall question that you had about the readings.
- Your response to each question should be a minimum of 400 words each, answer all parts of the prompt, use proper APA citation style, and is due Friday by 11:59 pm (CA time).
- Your question to the class is not required to meet the 400 word count. However, you are expected to give enough information to explain why you are asking your question.
- Demonstrate written communication skills by using complete paragraphs, accurate grammar, and proper mechanics.
- Draw from the readings and other course content to answer the questions. This means that you are expected to include direct references to the assigned chapter as well as other relevant course content.
- Review APA in-text and reference citations here: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html (Links to an external site.)
You are strongly encouraged to type your responses in a Word document before pasting it into Canvas. Technical glitches, though rare, do happen, and it is frustrating to lose your work.
Step 2: Read all other posts. Respond to the posts of at least two students.
- In your responses, you can agree or disagree with your classmates, but if differences of opinion occur, provide examples to support your opinions.
- You are expected to use APA citation style.
- Draw from the readings and other course content to reply to your peers. This means that you are expected to include direct references to the assigned chapter as well as other relevant course content.
- Reply posts should be at least 200 words each and are due Sunday by 11:59pm (CA time).