Compose a post that integrates a complete Bible scripture verse and transcends all aspects of the following question(s) comprehensively and collectively as a single post.
– Supportive References
Group Discussion Week 6: Defiance – Enable others to act
Kouzes and Posner identify enable others to act as the fourth practice of exemplary leaders. Review the definition of this practice, and then view this clip from the film, Defiance. As mentioned in Unit 2, this is a film based on a true story about resistance to Nazi oppression in Belarus during WW II. Prior to the start of this scene, Tuvia Bielski (Daniel Craig) had first convinced and then helped a large number of Jews escape from a Nazi ghetto. This scene opens as they arrive at the refugee camp. For this forum, outline and discuss the leadership practice and commitments from chapter 6 (see also the corresponding sections from chapter 2) of the Kouzes and Posner text, and describe how Tuvia Bielski and his leaders demonstrate the leadership practice – enable others to act. Be specific. Provide an example as to how you demonstrated or witnessed this practice in your own life.
- Questions of Character: Illuminating the Heart of Leadership Through Literature(Boston: Harvard Business School Press, 2006), Joseph L. Badaracco, Jr. (ISBN 1591399688)
- Culture Making: Recovering our Creative Calling (Downers Grove: Intervarsity, 2008), Andrew Crouch (ISBN 9780830833948)
- How Christianity Changed the World (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2004), Alvin J. Schmidt (ISBN 9780310264491)
- Christian Reflections on the Leadership Challenge (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2006), James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner (editors) (9780787983376)
- The Holy Bible (any translation, but not a paraphrase (e.g., New Living Translation)
- Kouzes & Posner, pp. 85-116, Chapter 6 – 7
- Badaracco, pp. 139-187, Chapter 7 – 8
- Video: John Beckett (This is the video referenced in this unit’s overview.)