Using chapters 27 & 28 from the http://www.americanyawp.com/reader.html (Primary Source Reader), select one primary source to analyze. You will write a 2-3 paragraph analysis of the primary source answering the following questions:
- Content: What is the document about?
- Citation: When was this document created and by who?
- Context: What was going on in the world and/or the region when this document was written? What major economic, social, political trends might this document be directly or indirectly responding to?
- Connections: Does this document reflect, support, and/or challenge what we are learning in class?
- Communication: Does this document have an identifiable point of view or bias? Is this document reliable?
- Conclusions: How does this source contribute to our understanding of history? What is the main idea and what does it tell us about the moment in time in which it was written?
*Note: the “Citation” question above is asking you to treat the primary source as a stand alone document. In other words, your response should not say that the document was created by the authors of the American Yawp textbook. Instead, your response should highlight who is the historical author of the primary source.
It is recommended that your post incorporate readings and class material to provide evidence and support your analysis wherever relevant and appropriate.