One of the main characteristics that defines the hominin tribe are their bipedal tendencies. However, as you have noted in reading for this week’s assigments, not all hominins had the same bipedal capabilities. Early hominins can be defined as being at various stages of transitioning into bipedalism while later forms are obligate bipeds. At the same time there are many other things that we can explore that relate to hominins. Often times there are new discoveries that are made and those discoveries make the news.
For this discussion board, I would like you to share a news article that specifically deals with hominins. The news article can be up to 10 years old.
Make sure you do the following for points.
Note: Make sure that the news that you read only deals with one any species of the following genera ONLY- Sahelanthropus, Ardipithecus, Australopithecus.
- Give a brief summary of what you read. In one short paragraph tell the class what the news was about. Include the following points. (1 page)
- Name the species that made the news. (Give the genus ans species name. For example Australopithecus afarensis) Remember – Only species from the following three genera: Sahelanthropus, Ardipithecus, Australopithecus.
- Age of fossil and where it was found.
- Tell me why it made the news. Why was it important?
- Make sure you cite your information. You can simply give a link.