Research Step 4
Wow! It is our fourth research step!
Step 4 for your research paper is composing an Annotated Bibliography.
It consists of listing 6 sources in MLA Bibliographic format and then writing an annotation for each of them. This research step is the first “writing” we do for our research paper. It is highly likely, provided that the assignment is completed in the spirit in which it is intended, that you will be able to copy and paste parts of these paragraphs into your finished research project.
For each of the 6 sources, you will do the following:
- Bibliographically cite the source using MLA citation rules.
- Write a concise annotation that summarizes the central ideas of the source.
- Include one or more sentences that
- evaluate the authority or background of the author,
- comment on the intended audience,
- compare or contrast this work with another you have cited, and
- explain how this work illuminates your bibliography topic.
4. Be sure to give a parenthetical citation at the end of each summary/annotation.
5. Your annotation should be 4-6 sentences in length.
NOTES: Remember to do the following task when compiling your list:
- use a hanging indent if the citations fall onto the second line.