The aim of this assignment is to conduct an ethical assurance analysis to ensure research integrity. You should be able to explain the ethical assurance statement pertaining to a specific area of ethics in research. For example, when conducting research involving human subjects, ethical issues can range from protection from harm, informed consent, right to privacy, and honesty with professional colleagues. Building upon last week’s research, use the same research area to conduct additional research for this week’s assignment.
Assume that your educational pamphlet prepared last week was successfully implemented, but now the organization’s leadership team, who will eventually approve beginning the study, wants more information. Prepare a white paper to officially report the following:
- Provide an ethical assurance statement to address ethical concerns in the specific area of ethics in research.
- If the risk to participants is greater than minimal, explain the relevant ethical issues and how they will be addressed.
- Verify how confidentially or anonymity will be achieved.
- Determine how the data will be securely stored in accordance with IRB requirements.
- Briefly introduce the role of the researcher in the study. Explain potential biases and experiences and how you would prevent them from influencing the analysis or findings.
Support your white paper with a minimum of three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 3-5 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your white paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.