For this assignment, we would like you to explore the latest trends in the ABA research.
As a student of Psychology and Behavior Analysis, you are expected to conduct a thorough literature
review of either the above-mentioned area/s; or you are free to soar as long as your focus is
Behavioral principles/analysis. For example, you can study a new and upcoming behavioral
analysis technique, or you can choose to highlight the latest therapy trends for a specific disorder
(e.g., autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder etc.), or you can review the use of behavioral
techniques in the classroom. Also remember that the manuscript must follow APA guidelines for
formatting, and include all the appropriate sections of a typical review paper mentioned below.
Here are the steps you need to complete for this assignment:
· Select any topic of ABA that interests/intrigues you, and conduct a thorough literature
· Search for interesting topics/keywords (use UAB library link to access Psych Info or Google
Scholar. Select minimum of 6 papers for this assignment.
· Identify a title for your manuscript; write an abstract, and the body of your paper. Make sure
you cite sources when you are referring to a previous finding or study. Finally, include all
the references cited in the paper.
· You must cite at least 6 peer-reviewed research articles within your review. Only one paper
can be a review article or meta-analysis (if relevant to your paper).
· Write and submit your paper in APA format. Include:
1. Title Page
2. Abstract (120- 150 words)- 10 points
3. Introduction– (15 points) (250 words)
i) Clearly identifies a topic of interest that ties back to behavioral principles
ii) Makes an argument for the importance/relevance of the topic
iii) Stating the specific objectives of your study
4. Body and Conclusions – ( 750 words)
Body- (40 points)
i) Identifies at least 6 relevant papers
ii) Discusses the importance of each paper selected to the larger topic
iii) Identifies emerging themes/consensus from the literature
iv) Identifies gaps, inconsistencies and criticisms of the current literature
v) Well-synthesized and integrated
Conclusions (5 points)- Address the significance and implications of your study.
5. References (10 points)
6. General APA formatting (including title page) 10 points.
7. Correct grammar, punctuation and syntax and writing style (10 points)
The post Identify a title for your manuscript; write an abstract, and the body of your paper. Make sure you cite sources when you are referring to a previous finding or study appeared first on nursing writers.