Successful implementation of information security policies starts before the policies are even written. Implementation depends on how well the policy is integrated into existing business processes, and how well it is understood and embraced by leadership and employees.
- Discuss/Explain how user apathy affects security policy implementation.
- Why is a change model important when important when implementing security policies? Explain
- How does security policies within YOUR organization influence YOUR role, responsibilities & accountabilities? Explain.
To participate in the Discussion, respond to the Discussion prompt by Day 3. Then, read a selection of your colleagues’ postings. Finally, respond to at least two classmates in one or more of the following ways:
• Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting.
• Offer and support an opinion.
• Validate an idea with your own experience.
• Make a suggestion.
• Expand on two of your colleagues’ postings.