In this discussion, we will apply the concepts from chapter 2 to a real case.
Watch the video about Darden
Refer to chapter 2
In your initial post, answer the following questions:
- What are some outsourcing opportunities in a restaurant?
- Why does Darden outsource harvesting and preparation of much of its seafood?
- What supply chain issues are unique to a firm sourcing from 35 countries?
You must make your initial post and reply to at least 2 of your classmates by the due date/time.
Grading: this assignment is worth 10 points. You will be graded using this rubric.
You will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Initial post and replies are distributed throughout the week with both post and replies complete by the module due date.
- Your initial post addresses all the prompts in the assignment directions.
- Discussion postings are easy to read and free of grammatical, spelling or punctuation errors.
- The style of writing contributes to encouraging communication.Use proper vocabulary, refer to your textbook whenever possible.
- Responses to peers stimulate discussion by either asking clarifying questions and/or providing additional evidence or analysis.
- Posts should be at least 100 words (so, “Great Job!” or “I agree!” will not earn you any points).