Article review (10 points – 1000 to 1500 words)
• Summarize the book and relate the author’s main point, or thesis, or purposes. (Somewhere early in the paper, identify the author briefly.)
• Describe the author’s viewpoint and purpose for writing; note any aspects of the author’s background that are important for understanding the article.
• Note the most important evidence the author presents to support his or her thesis.
• Evaluate the author’s use of evidence, and describe how he or she deals with counter evidence.
• Is the article’s argument convincing? If so why, if not, why not. Cite examples from the text.
• Compare this article with other articles or books you have read on the same subject.
• Conclude with a final evaluation of the article. You might discuss who would find this book useful and why.
This is a Brain Learning and Education Course.
Extra credit: 10 points – Book review. Read a book on the brain and write a brief review. possible choices: