- Read the article “Reducing Hunger on Campus” which you will find below. Click here for a printable copy of the article.
- Then, answer the quiz questions below.
- At the top of your quiz, type the article’s title and author’s name.
- For each answer, identify the paragraph number where you found the information (which will help you later when you write Essay 2).
- Describe how hunger affected Ryan Pickering while he was a student.
- According to a 2018 survey of 86,000 students, what was the amount of students who were food insecure?
- According to this same survey, who suffers the most from food insecurity?
- Psychologist Yu-Wei Wang, PhD, studied the food insecurity of more than 4,900 students at her university in 2017. How did food insecurity negatively affect the students?
- According to Dr. Wang’s study, why don’t some students seek help when they are suffering from food insecurity?
- According to Dr. Heather Bullock’s study, why don’t food-insecure students at UC Santa Cruz seek help?
- What problem did Dr. Bullock say students were having with food programs like CALFresh and SNAP?
- During a series of summits in Michigan, food pantry directors and staff from college campuses identified ways that campus food pantries could improve. What are two areas in need of improvement?
- Sander Levin, a legislator in Michigan, co-sponsored the College Student Hunger Act. What will this act hopefully accomplish?