In the United States, no federal law requires public schools to teach physical education (PE). Implementing PE in public schools is the responsibility of each of the 50 states. Some states and school districts are making PE optional, not mandatory, for students. Such decisions are driven in part by budget cuts and efforts to raise student test scores in core academic subjects such as reading and math. Some school districts have even cut traditional PE altogether. Do you believe that cutting or reducing the amount of PE in schools in favor of core academic subjects is a good idea? Why or why not? Use specific case studies and facts to support your opinion. Should the federal government offer incentives to states to increase the number of students participating in regular physical activity? Why or why not? If so, what might the incentive plan look like?
- Which of the following is an example of in-group bias? A.Shelly, who thinks her cheerleading team is better than any other school’s team B.Zoe, who likes to shop more than anything else C.Avery, wh
- Q: Which fact provides the BEST evidence to support the conclusion that “Alexander McGillivray was more loyal to the Creek Nation than William McIntosh was
- Q: An area of a triangle is 2/5 square foot, the height is 6/5 ft what is the length of the base of the triangle in feet?
- Q: A college student exerts 100N of force to lift his laundry basket the weighs 75N. at what rate is the basket accelerated upwards?
- Q: Nathaniel measured the height of one shelf on his bookcase. He wants to know which books will fit on the shelf. The shelf is 22.86 centimeters tall. He measured it again with an inch ruler. The shelf
- Q: One meteorologist believes that global warming has caused a significant change in the global weather pattern. One biologist believes that global warming has not made any significant change in the glob
- Q: You are writing a report on Blizzard Betty, a company that manufactures winter sports gear. In one part of the report, you describe the company’s various incentive programs. Each incentive program h