Your summary will synthesize your readings (by Chandler and Pierre-Louis) with reflections on your participation in your discourse community and with the course theme discourse community.
my discourse community is International students studying in the U.S
one of the reading I uploaded it as PDF and this is the other one https://rootsandrambles.blogspot.com/2011/12/genre…
You will compose brief summaries of the reading(s). As previously, your summary will:
- Identify and explain the main ideas of each text
- Compare the main ideas of the texts to highlight the authors’ various perspectives (if you have more than one reading)
Additionally, you will work to conceptualize “discourse communities” in different (and sometimes competing) ways, to include elements you believe are crucial to a discursive or situation or community and how the authors ideas contribute to your developing understanding of discourse communities and how they function.
Finally, you will discuss your own experiences participating in your discourse community and/or the course theme discourse community. The goal of explaining your experiences is to connect your actual experiences in the discourse communities to your developing understanding of the concepts and ideas you learn in the reading.
Your summaries may be organized as follows:
- Summary of the reading(s)
- Summary of your experiences with your discourse community and/or the course theme discourse community
- Synthesis of the concepts in the reading with your experiences that explains how your experiences illustrate concepts discussed in the reading