- One of the roles of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is to translate technical jargon into business language that senior leadership and executives can understand to support business decisions.
As the CISO, the board of directors has asked you to share your ideas for developing a cybersecurity program for the company. The board has specifically requested that you base your recommendations on the major components that make up a cybersecurity program, including personnel.
Develop a 2- to 3-page table in Microsoft® Word that lists the roles and responsibilities of each of the following with respect to security.
Use the following column headings:
Use the following row headings:
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Senior Security Manager
- Information Security Architect
- Information Security Engineer
- Information Security Auditor
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Technician/Specialist
Develop a 10- to 12-slide presentation using your choice of software for the board of directors. Include a title slide, a reference slide, and detailed speaker notes. In your presentation:
- Concisely describe cyber security governance, including major components like organizational oversight and security processes.
- Recommend an information security control framework.
- Logically explain how an information security control framework benefits a business.
- Describe one organizational challenge of implementing information security and provide an example of how you, the CISO,would address the challenge.
Include supportive graphics and appropriate backgrounds and styles. Don’t use images unless you obtain permission from the copyright holder or you use copyright-free images.
Format all citations according to APA guidelines.