Write a short (2 – 4 page) essay on building the Panama Canal. Remember to focus your essay on some aspect that deals with the relations between Panama and the United States. Use the following template as an outline…..
- Event Background. What other events may have led to this event.
- What was the problem/issue/conflict that made the event something that we would look at now?
- How was the problem/issue/conflict resolved – or was it? What alternatives solutions were available? Who were the major participants in the event and who were the participants who contributed to the solution?
- Results. What were the consequences of implementing the solution?
- Future. What impact do you believe the results and their consequences have had on the development of the country and of the identity of people in the country?
- Summary. Summarize the entire event. What do you think could have happened differently that might have resulted in a different (better?) outcome?
^the date of the event was from 1903 – 1915